Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Howling Woolf

Twisting skylight,
Burn my pupils
That are student to this sight.
Let air in
That I might exhale, slowly.
Through lips that trap tears,
Pursing themselves
To stitch hallowed tension
Within anxiety.

You, sleep.
And I miss
The way you used to snore.
Paler still,
With firey hair,
Vibrant against your ears
And blue eyes,
That no longer mimic
Windows to gaze through,
Nor oceans to swim in,
Nor skies that watch me soar.

Let them dance as they used to.
Smile as you once did.
Flicker as only you could.
So that while I hold your hand,
Your tendons creak a melody,
And drown the consolations
Of unanswerable truths.

Twisting skylight,
Twist no more
Beckon Nothing
and desist.
Time's gauntlet
Thrown, to become
A final bed for expectation.

I am letting go
Of your hand,
But I cannot
Watch you leave.

No comments: